Details e-Book Drop Out And Get Schooled
🗸 Author(s): Patrick Bet-David & Thomas Ellsworth
🗸 Title: Drop Out And Get Schooled
🗸 Rating : 4.5 from 5 stars (37 reviews)
🗸 Format ebook: PDF, EPUB, Kindle, Audio, HTML and MOBI
🗸 Supported Devices: Android, iOS, MacOS, PC and Amazon Kindle
“Education is broken and most graduates are broke.
The purpose of this book is to start an important dialogue about college education. I will make the case for why I believe 70% of college students should drop out. The concept of giving our trust to the educational system without accountability has not worked. I believe it’s time to ask serious questions:
- Why do we go to college in the first place?
- Who should go to college and who shouldn’t?
- Can I succeed and do great things without college?
- Why do tuition and textbooks cost as much as they do?
- Have colleges simply become a big business (with tax-free status)?
- Are the subjects taught in college sufficient for life or do we need an upgrade?
Let me clarify something, this is NOT a book that declares that higher education is a terrible thing. Many professions require it, but I believe education can and does take place in many forms. As a college dropout and an autodidact, I’ve read over 1,200 books in the last 15 years and believe there are many paths we can take to get educated and do great things.
Fair Warning: You may have passionate feelings about the points in this book. Regardless of how strong you feel one way or another, my desired outcome is to start a broad dialogue so we can process the issues – together.
Written by Patrick Bet-David with Thomas Ellsworth